Our client, a Global Leader in the Food and Beverage Industry, is again growing and now seeking an experienced Flavorist as an addition to staff:
Bring your passion and talent to our Flavor Technology team and drive the innovation for multibillion-dollar beverage brands. As you advance your career in one of the largest Food and Beverage Companies in the world, your contributions will have an impact on changing the product landscape for consumers, including healthy options for all global markets.
Joining our fast paced, driven team of Flavorists and Flavor Technologists focusing on delivering global and regional beverage innovation as well as Technical Brand stewardship. Ensuring our brand integrity and regulatory compliance, directly impacting our success both short and long term.
Possibilities of Role:
This is a rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth. You will have a unique opportunity to expand your knowledge and learn together with your peers. As you advance your career in one of the largest Food and Beverage Companies in the world, your contributions will have an impact on changing the product landscape for consumers, including healthy options for all global markets.
Expectations and how performance will be measured:
As part of the Flavor Innovation team, you will drive the development, application and commercialization of new flavors and taste modification technology tools in support of the global business growth. Apply flavor knowledge and technical skills to deliver global innovation/sugar reduction platform that are consistent with the Business Growth Objectives.
Solid understanding of flavor raw materials with flavor creation competence, as well as their application to different beverage systems. Demonstrate strong technical skills, specifically in the design, optimization, and production of flavors. General knowledge of basic chemistry and food science principles as related to the flavor and beverage industries.
- Understanding of flavors with modification properties/taste modification technology. Become proficient with taste modification tools as they relate to performance, cost, regulatory, etc.
- Successfully transition from bench top prototypes to large scale commercialization in support global growth initiatives. Understand technical roadmaps, hurdles and key challenges, as well final flavors being plant-friendly and sustainable.
- Capability to modify existing flavor formulations to deliver specific profiles. Extensive understanding of flavor delivery systems including emulsions, extractions, and blends as well as their use in beverage.
- Identify, accelerate, execute market approaches to meet project goals and deliver winning taste profiles to consumers while meeting cost targets.
- Interface and build strategic networks and effective working relationships with vendors as necessary to support project work
- Collaborate and work under the guidance of senior flavorists and scientists.
- Provide technical expertise and support to other functional groups within the company such as Quality, Commercialization Engineers, Product Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sensory, and Regulatory
- B.S. or M.S. with minimum 5 years of experience as a Flavorist
- SFC Apprentice level with strong background; Certified Flavor Chemist preferred
- Highly motivated, team oriented, and possessing strong communication skills. Results oriented with the ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple project initiatives in order to meet business objectives
Our R&D organization recognizes that both the talent of our people and the scope of our impact are great, and that sharing a set of beliefs elevates our ability to reach our goals and business objectives.
As such, we encourage each other to pursue innovative solutions without fear of failure and nurture a culture where talent development and continuous learning are key priorities. We’re a global team that works collaboratively across business silos and regions to deliver meaningful outcomes, smarter, and faster—join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This is a growth opportunity with huge rewards for both personal and professional growth.