Our client, a hugely successful and fast-growing Food Manufacturer is seeking a top caliber Director of Manufacturing as an addition to staff.
The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for managing and overseeing the company's plant operations. This position manages the daily production requirements of the plant to meet USDA, FDA, and GFSI standards for food manufacturing. The incumbent in this position must be able to lead and motivate a diverse organization and product offering with a focus on costs, throughput, safety, and product quality.
The candidate is expected to exhibit these as well as other skills and behaviors:
- Fortune 500 Company Training with proven application of that experience in a smaller entrepreneurial operation.
- Proven experiences improving and then maintaining Operations at a high level of performance.
- Experience in Plant/Line Supervision, Maintenance, Quality, Food Science, Sanitation, Warehousing, Human Resources, Production Planning, Procurement, CAPEX Preparation, CAD Systems, ERP Systems, Plant Design.
- Driven by establishment and tracking of key metrics to drive effective results.
- Leads in documenting and updating processes and procedures.
- Team player – views other departments as their customer vs. their competition.
- Requisite Trainings – SQF Practitioner, HACCP, other affiliated trainings.
- Must have proven financial acumen.
- Must be able to make professional presentations.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in food science or a related technical field is preferred; however, considerable experience in a food manufacturing facility would be acceptable.
- Minimum 7 years food or beverage production experience in quality, maintenance, sanitation, production, and/or warehouse functions in a supervisor or above capacity.
- 5+ years Operations and/or Department Manager experience in food or beverage manufacturing with specific experience in hot fill preferred.
This is a growth opportunity.
Relocation assistance is available.
You must be a Permanent Resident of the USA or hold a valid Green Card to be considered.